New AAN District Polling: Biden Sagging, “Build Back Better” Agenda Toxic In America’s Middle Districts
American Action Network released seven new congressional district polls today from middle-of-the-road districts from coast to coast. The surveys found that President Biden’s approval is now well underwater, that the left’s $3.5 Trillion “Build Back Better” agenda is deeply toxic, and that Americans widely believe the plan will worsen the economic pain families are facing.
The surveys were conducted via IVR in the following districts from August 28 to August 30, 2021: CA-10 (Harder), FL-07 (Murphy), IA-03 (Axne), MI-08 (Slotkin), MI-11 (Stevens), VA-02 (Luria), and WA-08 (Schrier).
Key findings are below and for the full polling memo, click here.
PRESIDENT BIDEN IS UNDERWATER
- President Biden’s job approval is underwater by an average of -7% across these districts. This is driven by sharply negative perceptions on the President’s handling of both the economy (-7%) and foreign policy (-9%).
- In these districts, Republicans now lead on the generic ballot by an average +6 and these incumbent Democrat Members of Congress are all hovering at or near 45% in a head-to-head congressional ballot.
“BUILD BACK BETTER” AGENDA IS TOXIC
- Americans oppose $3.5 trillion for new social spending by 19 points (55%-36%) and oppose the Build Back Better agenda by 18 points (54%-36%).
- Americans oppose raising taxes on small businesses to pay for the plan by 27 points (55%-28%).
- Americans see the proposal as “unnecessary” by 20 points (55%-35%) on average.
VOTERS BLAME SPENDING FOR INFLATION, SAY PLAN WILL MAKE INFLATION WORSE
- Americans believe government spending is the primary cause of inflation by double digits (51%-33%) and that the left’s $3.5 trillion spending plan will make inflation worse by 11% (47%-36%)
15 May 2023