National AAN Polling: Commitment To America’s Policy Proposals Are Overwhelmingly Popular
WASHINGTON – American Action Network released the results of its national survey among likely voters in both battleground and conservative Congressional Districts looking at Americans’ views on public policy proposals to address the top issues facing the nation.
AAN’s survey found that key components of the “Commitment to America” policy agenda enjoy widespread support and that its ideas are popular in moderate districts, conservative districts and everywhere in between. By double digit margins, Americans agree that its core proposals will help address inflation, improve the economy, and restore public safety.
“Leader McCarthy’s Commitment to America is a roadmap for substantive, common sense proposals that will turn our country around,” said AAN President Dan Conston. “The ideas in this plan generate widespread support with Americans of all stripes because they will revive the economy, restore public safety and lower costs for working families.”
WIDESPREAD SUPPORT FOR COMMITMENT TO AMERICA’S MAJOR POLICY PLANKS
Parentheses denote the net percentage of respondents likely to back a candidate who supports each policy in (conservative/battleground districts).
- Economy: Economic issues including bringing supply chains back from China (+61%/+47%), ending wasteful spending (+46%/+22%), and rolling back oil and gas restrictions to lower gas prices (+41%/+21%) registered double digit levels of support.
- Crime: Holding prosecutors accountable to ensure they prosecute criminals (+40%/+21%) and hiring more police officers (+37%/+24%) were also widely supported.
- Border: Securing the border earned significant support at (+60%/+41%).
- Education: Education issues including protecting girls’ sports (+41%/+24%) and a Parent’s Bill of Rights to ensure transparency in education (+39%/+14%) also garnered significant support.
AMERICANS AGREE COMMITMENT TO AMERICA WILL GET OUR COUNTRY BACK ON TRACK
- Americans agree liberals in Congress have no plan to fix inflation (+39%/+22%) and their reckless spending is a major reason why life has become unaffordable (+30%/+10%).
- In short: by double digit margins, Americans favor the agenda’s substantive proposals to help address inflation, improve the economy and restore public safety.